Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Exploring stamping...

Recently, I have been working on using more and more stamps in my card :) Though I don't have as many stamps in my collection as aggressive stampers might have, but still I have a decent collection as far as me being a new card maker is concerned ;) Also, I won quite a few sets recently. One such set was from Stamping up which I won at House of Card's giveaway. 
So, the stamp set is cut out on a rectangular piece of rubber which is stuck over foam. I however, decided to cut out a small rectangular piece of rubber stamp and use it for stamping :D, I surely will use the actual stamps soon :) I was inspired by multiple challenges. Here's my card...
To make this card, I did two generations of stamping with that little rectangle using the challenge colors to create the vertical panel. The flowers were stamped, inked and fuzzy cut from a separate piece of paper. Sentiment was stamped on a vellum and all the elements were stuck on card base using glue stick and foam dots. Finally, pearls were added :).

The challenges and source of inspiration are-


Supplies used -
Stamps - Flowers from Scrappy Cat - Sunny Days, Sentiment from Paper sweeties - You make me smile
Inks - Memento Dew drop Dye Inks
Others- Vellum & Pearls (from Darice)

22 comments:

  1. Way to rock all of these challenges. Your stamping and color palettes always amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and cheery card, Deepti, love the patience you show with your background! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the panel with colorful rectangles !

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pattern in the background panel is wonderful! Love how you combined the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great way to use that left over rubber from the stamp set! Love all the little rectangles and the colors you used. Another great card!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, great idea to create a stamp from the excess rubber!! Gorgeous ombre effect and a clever take on all those challenges :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so clever, Deepti! I love how you used your stamp to create this card! Beautiful color combo, too...as always, I am so impressed with your design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are such an amazing paper crafter, deepti!! you always have such creative ideas... your card is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, I love how delicate the background looks, just beautiful Deepti! Thank you so much for joining us at colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've learn something new today, Deepti. Combining 4 colours can look so good if done right and you've nailed it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely card! I love the way you created the background with the rubber stamp. Brilliant idea! I'm inspired by your card Deepti! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You should definitely use more stamps!! Beautiful panel/background and design, Deepti!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this card!! You should definitely use more stamps!I love the panel that you created, Deepti!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love how you've used the sketch Deepti - it looks like one, big colourful mosaic tile!

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorgeous! Such a great combo of challenges!
    Thanks for playing with us at Little Tangles!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You really stretched out one card to fit all these challenges brilliantly. Wow! That's impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that you used the stamp scraps to create this - that little square piece of rubber created a fantastic card!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card. The stamped panels are unbelievably attractive!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great use of the sketch - I'd love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/08/52-card-pickup-235.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really great project, love it!! Thanks for playing along with ColourQ this week. I have some fabulous candy up for grabs on my FB page, so please stop by. https://www.facebook.com/TheFlamingoChronicals

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful work! I'm so glad you joined us this week at the Colour Q!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey Deepti! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete