Wednesday, April 17, 2013

DAD and MOM...

I have created these cards with an inspiration from CASology challenge - WORD and also Moxie Fab World - The wonder of water color challenge. I created these cards for my Mom and Dad :)  I miss them so badly....





To create this card, basically the alphabets, I used my stencils to draw the letter on the card stock and cut them using my craft scissors. I made two things to represent "A" in the word DAD, one was mustache which I hand drew n colored and the another was eye glass stand which was again hand drawn n cut and yes my Dad has it with him ;) To represent the "O" in the word MOM, I hand drew, colored n cut knitting yarn & needles :) To make the card more attractive I made the backgrounds using my water colors and finally stuck the alphabets using foam dots :)

Challenges are - 



Hope you enjoy my card :)


11 comments:

  1. all three cards are absolutely fantastic, deepti!! love your creativity!! thanks so much for playing along with CASology!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so fun! I love your backgrounds and the fun you've had with the words! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are awesome! Great water-color background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice...especially like the knitting needles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three fabulous card Deepti! Very creative! So glad you joined in on the fun at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Deepti, you are so creative and clever! Love all those hand-drawn and cut letters and images...and the watercolor background is a perfect touch! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can always count on you to have some unique, hand drawn elements, and this is no exception. LOVE your eyeglasses stand with the nose!! And I can't believe you also drew the yarn and the needles. I enlarged the photo to get a closer look. Did you really draw and cut those tiny needles? They look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kelly, I really love reading your comments as they are so detailed :)Yes, I really did draw them. Next time if I hand draw something, I will take pictures at each stage of my drawing :)

      Delete
  8. Love these simply sweet watercolor works!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Deepti! Thanks for linking this up to the Wonder of Watercolor Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete